How to Accelerate Your Skin’s Renewal
When our skin’s renewal process slows down, wrinkles become more visible, skin can feel drier, and dullness can set it. It can even cause increased incidents of breakouts.
A daily skin care regimen like the METRIN Skincare System definitely helps reduce the signs of aging, but as we go through the changes in our lives, increased stress, changes in medication, sleep patterns, or hormone levels can disrupt the skin’s natural renewal process. So from time to time, our skin needs the extra help.
For some, especially those with visible signs of aging, our additional two-step Accelerated Performance System will produce enhanced results designed to complement your existing skin care routine by providing the skin with increased exfoliation levels as well as additional moisture and nutrients.
What is It?
The AP System contains both the Revitalizing Glycolic Complex (a powerful exfoliant) and Reactivating Gel (a fast-absorbing hydrating serum) that work with your existing 5-step routine but can also be used on its own as a standalone product. The aim is to further reduce wrinkles, refine skin texture, and even skin tone.
Accelerated Performance System users are often looking to treat their duller looking or flakier skin in addition to increased wrinkles – likely due to lower collagen production. It can be used all over the face or specifically on problem areas. It’s useful for controlling oily or acne-prone skin.
It’s intended to accelerate the exfoliation of dead skin cells for skin that requires extra maintenance or treatment. The APS can also help your skin beat the unwanted symptoms by helping enhance your skin’s own renewal process, especially at night, and help you live through the changes that occur with your skin at its best.
How it Works
The power of our AP System lies in its ability to exfoliate, stimulate collagen production, and hydrate all at once. Step one (Revitalizing Glycolic Complex) features ingredients that stimulates collagen production by removing dead skin cells to help retexturize and brighten your complexion. Step 2 (Reactivating Gel) of the AP System works as a hydrating serum that provides the skin with moisture and nutrients.
- AHA/ Glycolic Acid: (recognized as the most effective Alpha Hydroxy Acid), a key ingredient in step 1, as an active compound and naturally occurring exfoliant (derived from sugar cane), it works to clear your skin and is found in many chemical peels.
- Comfrey Extract: a traditional wound healer and popular source of allantoin, a natural compound found known for its all-rounder abilities to keep the skin at its best. It is a non-irritant that effectively softens the skin and helps to protect it.
- Kelp Extract: offers superior hydration as well as anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits. It’s mineral and antioxidant rich and is known to help soften and hydrate dry skin to solve dry and flaky skin.
- Glycerin: works with emollients and oils to make dry skin feel amazingly soft and supple while shielding it from environmental sources of irritation. This natural moisturizing factor makes it compatible with all skin types, of all ages.
- Aloe Vera: a skin protectant that takes care of the skin with its wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It contains enzymes active penetration and exfoliation for a natural moisturizing effect.
- Chamomile: one of nature’s best solution to inflamed skin in need of a healing boost. Soothes acne and serves anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties as it contains many essential oils and anti-oxidants.